Friday, January 29, 2021

How long has it been?

 I honestly don't know how long it's been since I last wanted to write, I know it's been long enough that my nqtdiaries.com server has shut itself down and I've lost the little I had been able to write. ugh. I can't be surprised, it has been months and we are living in a global pandemic so I can't act too shocked. 

So here I am, starting on a new blog; 'blogging my NQT journey' in January. Woops. A* for effort though at least, right? 


So what's happened? 

Well Christmas happened, the term leading up to that was rough. I vaguely remember something about what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Yeah still waiting for that to happen. Don't get me wrong, I did make some progress with my hardest groups, but these were honestly few and far between which became so exhausting. 

And then online teaching happened. It needed to, but heck what a rollercoaster this year has been. I'd be lying if I said I was missing being in school 100%, my hardest groups are the easiest online and I can't say with certainty that I'm confident about returning to 'proper' face to face teaching. Well actually I'm pretty petrified. But on the bright side, my two hard Year 9 groups will become a smaller GCSE group and my 10s? Well they'll just be my 10s! (And I will make that group work - even if it kills me! - hopefully not though just saying!). So right now I'm mentally preparing myself for the best 'new start' that I can - I need to nail these groups in that very first lesson, expectations and all that. So if anyone's got any tough as nails things they do without fail then please let me know! 

But mostly I'm missing my Year 7 form, the cheeky Year 8s and the hardworking Year 9s. I am in school once a week, something I really wanted to do last lockdown, so that's something I always look forward to and brings a teeny sense of normality to my life. 

Stay strong everyone, we've got this and bring it on 2021, we've adapted to everything 2020 threw at us. You've got nothing on us. 

Stay safe and all that!

Tayla

No comments:

Post a Comment